Chris and Aidan are at Magic Kingdom for one last night of Fireworks. I’d debated about going and getting my burger from The Starlight Cafe, but I decided against it. I’m tired and not in the mood to fight any more crowds. All packing is done except for night/morning essentials. Hungry as a mofo–I’ll probably skip down to the Food Court in a bit…
We’ll see. I’m not feeling completely well (STUPID MISSION SPACE! and forgetting to take my meds for 2-3 days) and I’m thinking of finishing up Princess Diaries IV so that I can read V on the plane tomorrow.
Mmm, eyelids are getting heavy. Dreams of Mickey Mouse will fill my head tonight. I hope.
Til next time…
P.S. Ivy, Jennifer, and Aimzy, I miss you guys too.
P.S.S. I miss you too, Rob.
P.S.S.S. And Becky.
P.S.S.S.S. And Broadband Internet.
P.S.S.S.S.S. And Lucy.
Okay, dang it. I guess I’m a bit homesick. I have been gone for a LONG time, right?
So, ignore the PSes.
Things I Miss From Home:
– My Friends
– Friday Nights
– Broadband Internet
– Taking baths
– The Grove
Things I Don’t Miss From Home:
– Rush hour traffic
– Fickle Weather
Things I’ll Miss About Disneyworld:
– THE MAGIC!
– Randomly talking to fun and nice people.
– Starlight Cafe.
– Characters (especially surprise ones!)!
– Pin Collecting/Trading.
– LEISURE GALORE!
– Epcot World Showcase.
– Everything Mickey Mouse.
– Junk food.
– The Monorail.
– The music in the streets.
– Being able to act the age I really am inside (could be 5, 10, or 19 depending on the day. Hour, actually) and it being okay.
– The overall atmosphere.
– Lifetime Movie Network.
– Lifetime Television for Women.
What I Won’t Miss About Disney:
– The Sour People.
– The few out of control crowds.
– Lack of broadband!
– The slight cold I’d caught earlier this week (I’m better now).
– The hives I broke out in on my legs!
Things I’ve Learned:
– May is THE TIME TO VISIT! The weather is perfect, there are TONS of characters (lots that I had no idea I’d see, like Rafiki and The Genie, etc), the lines are usually manageable, and it does not rain every day!
– Disney shows really are spectacular.
– Cast members are willing to take pictures of you with your camera, but it’s fun to buy some of the Photopass pictures too.
– There are LOTS of opportunities to spend money here. Be careful. Heehee.
– America really is the most overweight country in the world.
– Most people are generally all around nice, but there are still some rude and mean ones. Even in the happiest place on earth.
– A lot of retirees work as Cast Members just for fun!
– Good food places: Starlight Cafe, Crystal Palace, 50s Prime Time Cafe, The Garden Grill, San Angel Inn, Chef Mickey’s.
– Best character meal: EEK, I can’t choose!! We did three and loved them all!
– BAD food places: The Electric Umbrella. Ick. Some pizza place with a Toy Story theme to it. I think I’ll do some official reviews after I’ve been back a while, eh?
– One o’clock is a BAD TIME to try to get lunch!!
– lots more!
Things I Wish We’d Known Earlier:
– More of the extra magical hours.
– That we had a refrigerator in our room this whole time! (It was hiding in what looked like a dresser!)
– The shortcut to All-Star Music to get to the buses more quickly.
I’m babbling. I’m going to read. Then shower, then finish up packing. Til next time.