Good Times, Good Times...

‘Twas a very pleasant day for the fair. The weather was perfect, the skies were blue and sunny. There was a nice breeze, and although it was crowded, it was still fun.

Welcome to the Fair

I’ll tell you what, having a wristband makes hitting the rides so much easier. I was sufficiently dizzy by the end of the night. Until I ate, that is.

The first thing Bob and I rode was something called the Space Roller.

Space Roller

The Space Roller is SUPER SUPER intense. I mean, it’s crazy. It moved around, up in the air, and the individual pods of cars were flipping and turning as well. Here’s the description from the Ohio State Fair site: Riders can rapidly spin on the Space Roller’s 65-foot whirlwind of thrilling adventure and endless combination of somersaults and turns.

Can you find me in the following pictures?

Space Roller

Space Roller

(hint: I’m the one wearing jeans)

We all walked around a bit then (I didn’t want to admit it, but I needed to recover some from the Space Roller), taking in the sights and sounds of the fair. It always smells so GOOD. The lines for the good rides (like Power Surge and Scrambler) were super long, so we took Aidan to the kid’s rides and let him have a blast.

Pumpkin Love
The pumpkin ride was like a ferris wheel. When the guy was letting some kids out, Aidan’s car got stuck at the top. Here he is checking things out.

Frog Hopper
Aidan and some other kids waiting for the Frog Hopper to start.

Aidan was naughty in some of the rides! He got “talked to” in three of them at least!!! By the time he was done with the Safari train, he was giving the operator the most evil look. All she could do was laugh at the end. I did feel like she was kind of picking on him, though. Grrr.

While Aidan was doing the rides, people kept shuttling back to the free refill Kool-Aid stands and also getting food. Here is Bob with his $6 cheesy fries:

Fed Bob = Happy Bob

And of course, the editor in me never takes a day off, so I snapped a picture of this gem:

One TICKETS??!?!?
I mean, seriously.

There was a visit to the rabbits and poultry building, where the roosters amused me greatly. :) The bunnies were beautiful, especially this one that was blue-tan. His coat was shiny and gorgeous, and he was looking at me like he really wanted me to take him home. I also came across what I call the Love Duckies. Look at them:

Ducky Love
They were just sitting there looking at each other, and the space between them is kind of shaped like a heart. It was adorable!

At about 8:30, Bob and I went off in search of dizzyfying, wild and CRAZY rides. We rode Hang Ten, The Orbiter, Power Surge (Video: 12 megabyte), The Scrambler, and the Tornado all in a row. Bob kept spinning the car in the Tornado really fast, and I actually almost got sick. I mean, I literally threw up in my mouth a little when it was done. I had to sit and regain myself afterwards, and after about four minutes, I was up and ready to ride again. So we hit the Flying Bobs, which about did me in, as far as aches and stuff from all the g-forces and things on the rides.

I just want to talk about the Power Surge. I LOVE that ride. Love it, love it, love it. It’s no where near as intense as it looks. (Don’t get me wrong, it’s still intense!) It’s great fun, and the different sensations you feel when you’re riding are amazing. There were times I felt like I was being laid down for a nap, and times where I had no idea where the hell I was going, and sudden switches. It doesn’t make you dizzy at all, and you cannot ride it without laughing. Seriously, if you’re pissed off, ride Power Surge. Then You really never know what’s going to happen and that’s the best. I honestly would not mind checking out other rides by this company.

The fireworks show was very loud! Especially inside a ride. But riding the ride while the fireworks were going off is pretty damn neat.


By the end of the day, I was hungry. I ate fries, a Philly cheese steak (drenched in A-1, yumm), roasted corn on the cob, and of COURSE, my deep-fried Twinkie! Fully sated (at 11pm), I was getting tired and ready to head home. The migraine that had been threatening me was very nice and waited until I’d taken my shower before hitting full force. Today, I will recover. Maybe sit outside a bit–the weather is a lovely 79º F. :)

‘Til next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...