Wednesday was my last day at ZB. It was weird because I still had a lot of work to do, but it was hard to concentrate for obvious reasons. Once I finished the vocabulary, I started making the rounds, saying goodbyes, and getting lots of hugs! :) I cried when I hugged Heather. I’m really going to miss some of those people. It’s always bittersweet, no matter what.

After work, Chris came over with Aidan, and Aidan and I got some quality time together! He was being so cute. I was showing him all the cool stuff he’s going to see in Chicago when he comes out to stay with me for the summer. He cracked up at the picture of the giant bean. He’s really healing nicely.

Aidan 03.12.2008

Then Chris came back and Matt was with him, and he took us out to eat at one of my favorite Columbus places: Morone’s Italian Villa. Mmmmmmmmmmm. After that, they dropped off a great deal of the stuff I was going to donate into a Planet Aid drop box. That was a huge help! Then, we all came back to my place where Chris and Matt took out all my trash! Another big help. Aidan’s toys are sorted, I sent some stuff home with Chris, and that’s one less thing I need to worry about. After they left, I found myself finishing up Aidan’s room, and I managed to generate four new bags of trash! Eeek! I went to bed late, but feeling OK that I didn’t have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn for work.

I rolled out of bed about 10:15 a.m.

My first day of not working ended up being insanely busy!

First, I got up, showered, and did some administrative stuff. Arranged for disconnect of electric and gas and stuff like that. THEN I went to the post office, the UPS store, and to have lunch with tamirabeth at b-dubs. Yum and great, wonderful company. *kisses to Tami*

Then I hit Half-Price Books where I sold a laundry basket full of CDs, cassette tapes, and books and got $44 for it! I was expecting like… $15 or $20, and hoping for $30. YAY.

Ronni with Decent Hair

Today, I finally broke down and went to the salon. I went to the Aveda Institute. There, students work on your hair and the cost of services is greatly reduced. It also takes a lot longer because the students are learning and the instructors come and consult with you and quiz then and kind of grade them. But my sister used to be in cosmetology school and I used to let her practice on me all the time, so I had no problem having a newbie (to relaxing) work on me. And again, there’s the cost factor. For example, what I spent today for service, a mini-facial (included), and two products is what a single service would have cost in any other salon. In addition, you can get your shampoo lying down OR sitting in a traditional chair. It was amazing. I wish I’d found this place sooner than four days before I leave the city! However, I do have her name and number, and there are institutes in Chicago.

Wheww Hewww. My hair looks and feels nice again!

After that, Tamera came over to give me boxes and to take some of the free furniture I’m giving away, and then I headed over to the Grafner’s for dinner and to do laundry. It was nice to be there and unwind and relax, eat good food, watch TV on a huge awesome flatscreen, and talk and talk and talk with Sarah until late (for her, anyway!).

Tomorrow, I need to:
– visit rental office
– take stuff to Goodwill
– finish packing part 1
– set up disconnect with at&t
– send out new contact info emails

Whew. Crazy, huh? And today was so pretty too. Sunny with temps near the 70s. I LOVED it. Not too hot, not too cold, and I only got annoyed at traffic from the salon to home. So it was a good day. Busy, but good. Now it’s time to eat some cake, read a bit, and take it easy. I’m sore and I know it won’t end for at least a week!

Til next time! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...