Now, pixiedash, don’t forget that you’ve already done this one.
1. Are there any causes you strongly believe in?
Literacy and reading.
2. Are you a virgin? If not, how old were you when you lost your virginity?
Nope, and 22.
3. Are you addicted to anything?
Um, I don’t think I’m addicted to anything. There are things that I like very much, though. Like dessert.
4. Are you afraid of ghosts?
It depends. There is one stop on the Weird Chicago tour that never fails to creep me out.
5. Are you short tempered?
I can be if I am overwhelmed, stressed, and/or depressed.
6. Can you dance? Do you like dancing?
I think I’m an OK dancer. I took lots (OK, three) dance classes in college. I enjoy dancing, and I really want DDR for Wii.
7. Do you believe in life afther death?
Sometimes. I struggle with this a lot.
8. Do you believe in marriage? Why?
Yes…. I’ve seen successful ones, so I know it can be done. To make that committment and actually honor it is not easy, but miraculous.
9. Do you consider yourself a neat or messy person?
So-so. I like it when things are neat, but I’m not always inclined to stay neat.
10. Do you consider yourself lazy?
I can be. Sometimes, I just want to lie around in my pajamas and read or watch ANTM marathons all day.
11. Do you have a role model?
12. Do you like cooking?
Every once in a while. I like to bake better, but I’m not crazy like swankivy. I don’t really do the homemade thing. Betty Crocker for me.
13. Do you like eating out at restaurants?
14. Do you like going window shopping?
15. Do you like partying? Attending parties? Giving parties?
Not really. Meh. Yes.
16. Do you like to go dancing?
17. Do you like to travel? Which has been your best vacation so far? What made it so special?
I LOVE traveling. Best vacation so far? Disney World in 2005. Having Aidan there made the place THAT much more magical.
18. Do you read? Has any particular book influenced you or left a life-changing impact?
I real all the time. Books that left a life-changing impact? Hmm. Probably one of the early VC Andrews novels. You know, the ones written by the real author, not those ghost writers. That woman’s work was so inspiring. Her characters, her plots. Amazing. I decided I wanted to write like that. I wanted people to look up and expect to see my characters in the room, waiting to talk to them about the things in the book.
19. Which are your favorite authors?
Adam Selzer (adamselzer), Sarah Dessen (writergrl), Laurie Halse Anderson (halseanderson), and my author friends on LJ.
20. Have you ever been on a blind date?
21. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law?
Only with traffic tickets.
22. Have you ever had a narrow escape from death?
I’m sure more than I know.
23. Have you gone through therapy of any sort?
24. How ambitious are you?
Some days I’m all LET’S ROCK THIS! Some days I’m like “what’s the use?” So it depends on the day, weather, what side of the bed I’ve woken up on, etc.
25. How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
Getting fed good food, and getting gifts. Just being treated as though I’m special.
26. How do you like to spend New Year’s Eve?
Inside, eating good food, watching the ball drop, wearing PJs, etc.
27. How important is money to you?
It rarely comes very easily to me. I have to be kind of frugal more often than not, so it’s important to me in that I worry about having enough of it from month to month often.
28. How important is your family to you?
Aidan = ♥
29. How long are you on the internet every day?
TOO LONG! But in all fairness, I do work on the Internet, so….
30. How patient are you?
Depends on my mood.
31. How romantic are you?
Hmm. I am not sure. I’m not one of those girls who needs or even wants flowers and candy for the holidays. Romance to me is respect, laughing together, enjoying each other.
32. If you could change one event in history what would it be?
This is a hard one. There are things that I wish I’d have done differently or knew, but then I would probably be a different person, wouldn’t I? It’s best that I don’t even worry about it.
33. If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world where would it be?
34. If you could know one historical figure very intimately, who would that be?
35. What did you do during the summers when you were growing up?
Went to my grandmother’s, usually.
36. What do you consider the five biggest drawbacks of your personality?
Being a hermit, being too sensitive, overreacting, prone to depression and hopelessness, pity parties
37. What do you consider the five biggest strengths of your personality?
Loyalty, compassion, creativity, silliness, fun
38. What do you consider your biggest achievement to date?
39. What is the most adventurous thing you’ver ever done?
Moving to Chicago
40. What is the most stupid thing you’ve ever done?
Ha, well, I could go on about this one. But I won’t.
41. What is your idea of a perfect evening?
Being at home (nice and clean and comfortable), eating a yummy meal, reading a good book, watching Adam play the Wii.
42. What would you do if your best friend disapproved of me?
43. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
It came from Aidan. He told me that I’m the best little mommy in the whole world.
44. What’s the worst thing you ever did to a friend?
Probably gossiped about him/her.
45. What’s your earliest childhood memory?
My sister crying in the crib.
46. When was the last time you cried?
Hmm, probably last Monday.
47. When was the last time you felt really proud of yourself?
Today, after I did 21 hours of freelance work AND beat the deadline like whoa.
48. When was the last time you really laughed?
Today. I talked to Aidan on the phone. Always a guarantee of laughter.
49. When was the last time you told a lie?
50. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I have no idea. I hate this question because you really can’t see. Five years ago, I would have NEVER seen myself here, in Chicago, an Adam typing away next to me.
51. Which body part are you more likely to notice first in someone of the opposite sex?
52. Which has been your longest romantic relationship, so far?
53. Which personality traits do you want your partner to have? Which of these are an absolute must?
Sense of humor. Trustworthy. Respectfulness. Intelligence. Patience.
54. Which was the last really impulsive thing you did? Are you an impulsive person?
Last impulsive thing I did? Bought some snacks at Meijer. I know, real living on the edge there, aye?