My favorite time of the year is here again. It’s officially the holiday season, I’ve had my first taste of turkey and gravy and there’s another holiday involving those foods to come!, the stores/malls are decorated and people have lights on their homes and trees in the windows, I’m listening to Christmas music, Trader Joe’s has yummy Christmas treats everywhere, and my birthday (and my mom’s and Aidan’s arrival) is in 19 days!
For the 2011 holiday season, I have so much to be excited about and thankful for!
– My awesome Aidan. He’s now eight years old, in third grade, and absolutely the best little boy ever. EVER.
– My husband. It’s amazing to have someone so supportive of me, so ready to defend me, and willing to do anything to make me happy. And he puts up with my wackiness, which is no small feat, let me tell ya.
– My families. All of them.
– Two trips to Disney World!!
– My work study opportunity at Moksha Yoga. I get to do work I love in exchange for what I love. It’s a win-win!
– My friends.
– Fi living with me again. He’s the best cat ever. Plus, he’s a black cat, and everyone knows that black cats rule everything. If you didn’t know, then you know now. So I’m thankful I was able to pass that knowledge on to you.
– My Plurk crew. They are hilarious and fun. Love them!
– The abundance and blessings that have been and keep being rained down on us.
– Anywhere Is just got 100 followers!! WOW!!
It’s now time for the Holiday Wishes Meme. I started doing this in 2006, and I encourage you guys to do it as well.
– Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ/blog. The post should contain your list of up to 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun (“I’d love a Doctor Who icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
– If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
– Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your entry, or link to this post (it’ll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
– Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
– If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use—or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
– You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not—it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
With that said, here are my wishes for 2011.
1. A gift card, or for you to make donations to, DonorsChoose.org. DonorsChoose focuses on education. Teachers ask for classroom project materials. We donate. The kids learn. Most of these schools are high poverty, and the teachers are already doing all they can. Any amount is welcome.
2. Donations to Paws Chicago, the shelter where we got Helena. It’s a cage-free, no-kill shelter, and they are run completely on donations; they receive no city, state, or federal funding. It’s a great place. A shelter situation is stressful for the animals involved, and every animal I came in contact with there was happy and friendly. They have an extensive screening process to make sure you’re aware of your decision and commitment, and if somehow things don’t work out, the animal always has a home at PAWS.
3. Anything from my Amazon Let’s Celebrate 2011! wish list.
4. Gift cards to bookstores. I love bookstores. And books. But you already know that.
5. I also wouldn’t mind gift cards to Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Target, or Kohl’s.
6. A mailbox FILLED with Christmas cards. Come on, guys. You know you want to indulge me.
Comment with your email address if you’re interested in fulfilling this particular wish and I will email you my address.
7. The Kanani American Girl doll.
The things that I’d like your prayers/happy energy for:
1. My mom to be as healthy as possible and to live a long time.
2. My friends and family to be happy, healthy, and secure.
3. Myself to be happy, healthy, and secure.
4. A mild winter.
It’s December now, the holiday and giving season really is here! YAY!
Now, go download my Christmas Bucket List!!! Also pin it on Pinterest. Share it. Link it to me. It’s my gift to you.
*** If you do this meme for yourself, be sure to leave a comment with a link to your post, OK? I want to read your wishes!
Friends who are wishing….