For the most part, 2005 kicked major ass for me. I pray that 2006 is equally and more amazing.
IN 2005 HAVE I:
Hugged someone? Of course!!
Gotten into a fight? Over AIM and/or email, yes.
Cried? Yes, far too much.
Smoked? A few cloves.
Drank alcohol? Yes.
Kissed someone on the cheek? Yes.
Reunited with an old friend? Um…? Kind of.
Been suspended? No.
Let something go? YES!!
Been whipped? No.
Learned any important lessons? Yes.
Got a kiss on the cheek? Yes.
Kissed someone on the lips? Yes.
Considered suicide? WTF?
Gone to a funeral? No.
Fallen in love? No.
Cut/dyed your hair drastically? Drastically? Nope.
Been backstabbed? Yes.
Missed someone? Yes.
Hit someone? Depends on what you mean. Hit someone as in punched? No. Hit a car? Yes. :
Broken something really important to you? I don’t think so.
Cuddled with someone? Yes.
Broken somebody’s heart? Doubt it.
Done something you really regretted? Don’t even get me started.
Laughed so hard that it hurt? YES!
Cried so hard that it hurt? Yes. Too often.
Got cheated on? I hope not.
Gone on a date? No.
Got dumped? No.
Dumped someone? I think I dumped a few “friends.”
Made a new screen name? Um, I think, maybe.
Lost a friend? Yes.
Gotten any tattoos/piercing? No.
Watched porn? Hell no.
Been in a love/hate relationship? Eh?
Loved someone so much that it hurt? Yes.
Been grounded? Nope, LOL.
Lost: I’m not going to list them because it doesn’t matter anymore.
Drifted: Can’t really say because friendships are so static.
Found: Theresa, Bizzy (again!), Rob.
Weight: Stayed about the same, hovered around the 105-110lb mark.
Height: 5’2″ ish.
Hair: Medium length.
Careers: Nationwide (admin), left in August to be an editor at McGraw-Hill.
Writing course – Chicklit 101.
BAD THINGS I HAVE DONE:
– As if I’m going to admit them here. >:)
GOOD THINGS I HAVE DONE:
– Queried agents.
– Raised Aidan.
– Kept writing.
– Got a new job.
– Traveled a lot.
– Let go.
– First solo flight.
– First speeding ticket.
– First “official” accident.
THINGS I HOPE TO DO IN 2006:
– Sell my novel.
– Finish a new novel.
– Officially sign with an agent.
– Go back to a Disney park.
– Pay off two credit cards.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I queried agents. I traveled to LA by myself. I flew solo. I went to Disneyland. I partied in Chicago. I wore my hair straight. I wore skirts and they looked good! I got my first speeding ticket. I got in my first “official” accident. I became an aunt. I went to the Smoky Mountains. I met Aimzy verytruly, Star selfstyled, and Kelly hybridpeach. I met Vera littlepige.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more this year?
I don’t remember if I made any last year, but I did do some amazing things. I did make some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jenny just gave birth to a little girl yesterday, and my sister-in-law gave birth in August. Both girls.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you vist?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
In 2006, I’d like to officially sign with an agent.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 13, 2005 – I was back at Disneyworld! HOME SWEET HOME!
September 9, 2005 – my first time at Disneyland!
August 12, 2005 – my last day at Nationwide.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I finally let go!
I queried agents!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Needing to let go in the first place.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lots of upper respiratory infections.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new camera.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Um… I have to say Chris’s. He’s really been trying on millions of levels and his loyalty has increased ten-fold. He’s been wonderful with Aidan and amazingly supportive as I try to make a career out of writing. He’s also been trying to keep on top of the dishes and making sure the finances are straight.
13. Whose behavior was bad?
Heh. I won’t mention names here.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, stuff for me, car stuff, stuff for Aidan.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
TRAVELING! Being with my friends. Meeting new friends. Writing. Becoming ultra serious about making writing my career. Aidan’s development.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
“Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? Happier
II. thinner or fatter? Exactly the same
III. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting my time on the wrong people.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with Chris and Aidan–Craig came over later.
22.Did you fall in love in 2005?
With photography and nature.
23.How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I didin’t want much TV, but I enjoyed Unwrapped, and 30 Minute Meals.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not hate, but there is a general negative feeling about the person(s) and situation(s).
26. What was the best book you read?
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen and Pop Star by Rachel Cohn.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A sweet camera. Best Buy gift cards.
29. What did you want and not get?
More Best Buy gift cards LOL.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, followed by Hitch.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 this year, and kept my birthday pretty low key. I worked like crazy that day, and when I came home, I relaxed, chatted on the phone to a few people, and Chris gave me my presents. I liked it.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More writing, selling a book. Becoming an author.
33. How do you describe your personal fashion sense in 2005?
Trendy, bohemian, casual, comfortable.
34. What kept you sane?
Lexapro, my computer, books, and my friends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Pattison. HA.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t get me started, please…
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Online, there is Rosa dwagonfry. She’s awesome!! Also, Mandy mandywriter, and Lauren laurenbarnholdt. They are such inspirations to me. :)Offline? Kristen, Nikki, Theresa. Good times.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005?
If it doesn’t feel natural or right, then it’s probably wrong. If you feel tension, or a bad feeling in your gut, move on, because it will hurt more in the end.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Working so hard every night and day and now we get the payback…” – Luxurious – Gwen Stefani
“Here comes a better version of me.” – Better Version of Me – Fiona Apple