Oh my God, what? Another entry? So soon? Well then.
I had a pretty amazing 2010. I tried new things, watched new movies, learned about new music, read lots of books, landed a full-time job, and met many awesome people. As per my tradition, I’m doing my year-in-review survey.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I went to yoga classes. Flew in an acroyoga workshop. Made a hairfall. Attended WindyCon. Wore an afro. Visited a century farm. Went to the Art Institute. Got hooked on Doctor Who.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t know if I made any resolutions. I don’t plan on making any for 2011.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law Cassidy had a sweet little girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank the Lord.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A trip to Disney World!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None really. It was a good year overall.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting yoga and sticking with it… well until Fourth Quarter took over.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking with yoga once I started working full time. I HAVE to get back into it regularly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the flu over the summer, but other than that, all was pretty well.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Ellowyne Wilde dolls.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Aidan’s. It’s so much fun watching him grow up!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Fun stuff, for once.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Mockingjay. Meeting Suzanne Collins. Meeting Susane Colasanti. Meeting Ann M. Martin.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Almost anything by Lady GaGa. BP Perino by Add N to X. All of the kirtan music I was introduced to this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier.
Thinner or fatter? Fatter. I went up a pant size.
Richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Write. *sigh* Scrapbooking. Yoga.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being lazy LOL.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? How many one-night stands? How many people did you snog in 2010?
Already in love. No one night stands. I snogged Adam.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of good books, so I can’t narrow it down. However, I’ve read 160 new books in 2010!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Krishna Das. And I’m loving Lady GaGa these days.
27. What did you want and get?
Monster High dolls. Ellowyne Wilde dolls. Many other toys. A job.
28. What did you want and not get?
MOAR AIDAN TIME.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36. Holy crap. I worked, and late at that.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip to Disney World.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Black t-shirt, jeans.
33. What kept you sane?
Reading. Lots of reading.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Aidan. I never see him enough.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Gosh. I met a lot of new people. I think the con folks I met this year win this, though!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Always live with an attitude of gratitude.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Om namah shivayah.
Added January 3, 2011:
Was 2010 a good year for you?
For the most part, yes!
Where were you, and who were you with, when 2010 began? And where will you be when it ends?
In my apartment with friends and family. I was in my apartment with family when it ended. Said family members dropped their pants at midnight. *headdesk*
Did you attend any weddings or funerals?
Did you move anywhere?
What sporting events did you go to?
What concerts did you go to?
An SJ Tucker show in April and many Tricky Pixie shows in November.
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
The drive to finish writing a novel.
What were your biggest achievements of the year?
Aidan!!! That kid is soooo amazing.
Getting a job.
Re-establishing my credit.
Making it through the year with no accidents or speeding tickets
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Sweaters and jeans, or tee-shirts and jeans, or hoodies and jeans. Sometimes a cute skirt with boots.
Did you make any significant changes to your appearance?
Just started wearing my hair short and curly.
What kept you sane?
Adam and Aidan
Were you in school (any time this year)?
How did you earn your keep?
Various freelancing projects, then landing a full time job at Schawk.
Did you have to go to the hospital?
Did you encounter the police?
What did you purchase that was over $500?
Can’t think of a single purchase besides DISNEY WORLD what! Oh, and plane tickets.
Who did you miss?
Aidan, Aidan, Aidan.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
How would you rate this year with a scale from 1 (lousy) to 10 (excellent)?
1. Who kissed you on New Years???
2. Did you have a New Year’s Resolution this year?
I don’t think so.
3. Does it snow where you live?
4. Do you like hot chocolate?
5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?
No, I’m OK watching it on TV.
1. Who was your Valentine?
2. When you were little did you buy Valentine’s for the whole class?
3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not?
No matter what, we’re going to have 6 more weeks of winter.
4. What did you receive for Valentine’s Day?
Ha, like I remember. I do think I got something handmade from Aidan.
5. What did you give for Valentine’s Day?
1. Are you Irish?
2. Do you like corned beef and cabbage?
I like corned beef, but on rye bread with yellow mustard. Hate cabbage.
3. What did you do for St Patrick’s Day?
I don’t remember. Probably nothing.
1. Do you like the rain?
2. Did you play an April fool’s joke on anyone this year?
3. Do you get tons of candy for Easter?
I buy lots of candy.
4. Do you celebrate 4/20?
5. Do you love the month of April?
1. What is your favorite flower?
2. Finish the phrase “April showers…”
Bring May flowers. (And Mayflowers bring Pilgrims)
3. Do you celebrate Mother’s Day?
4. Is May anything special to you?
It’s when the weather finally starts warming up. That’s special. May 30th is when I had to put Little Lucy to sleep.
1. What year did/will you graduate from high school?
2. Did you do anything fun during this last June?
Aidan arrived for the summer! And Eli and Melissa came to visit.
3. Have a favorite baseball team?
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
Jeff and Deborah, Amy, and Chris came over and we cooked out, and then we all walked down the block and watched the locals put on some impressive fireworks shows. Then we got back and ate many sweets.
2. Did you go to the fireworks?
Didn’t have to.
3. Did you blast the A/C all day?
Yeah, can’t imagine that right now.
1. Did you do anything special at the end of your Summer?
2. What was your favorite summer memory of ‘10?
Spending it with Aidan.
3. Did you have a sunburn?
4. Did you go to the pool a lot?
1. Are you attending college/school?
2. Do you like fall better than summer?
3. What happened this last September?
I went back to work at Schawk for the 3rd year in a row.
1. What did you do for Halloween?
Worked a long day.
2. What is your favorite candy?
Reese’s and Whatchamacallit and Kit-Kat.
3. What was your favorite thing about October?
Meeting Seane Corn.
1. Whose house do you go to for Thanksgiving?
Went to Jeff and Deborah’s this year.
2. What are you thankful for?
Adam, Aidan, my friends and family, having my basic needs provided for, books
3. Do you love stuffing?
I like dressing better.
4. Anything special in this month?
I officially started at Schawk full time. Anywhere Is turned 10.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
2. Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe?
Not that I remember.
3. Get anything special last year?
Tiffany necklace from Adam!
4. What do you want this year??
I think I got everything I really wanted.
5. What do you love most about December?
It’s SO PRETTY everywhere! It’s all decorated, the festive music, the giving.
IN 2010 HAVE I:
Hugged someone? Of course!!
Gotten into a fight? No.
Drank alcohol? Yes.
Kissed someone on the cheek? Yes.
Reunited with an old friend? No.
Let something go? Yes.
Been whipped? No.
Learned any important lessons? Yes.
Got a kiss on the cheek? Yes.
Kissed someone on the lips? Yes.
Considered suicide? No.
Cut/dyed your hair drastically? No.
Been backstabbed? Yes.
Missed someone? Yes.
Hit someone? Oh yeah. >:)
Broken something really important to you? No.
Cuddled with someone? Yes.
Broken somebody’s heart? Doubt it.
Done something you really regretted? Not really.
Laughed so hard that it hurt? Yes.
Cried so hard that it hurt? Yes.
Got cheated on? No.
Gone on a date? No.
Got dumped? No.
Dumped someone? No. More like stepped back for a bit.
Made a new screen name? No.
Lost a friend? Yes.
Gotten any tattoos/piercing? No.
Been in a love/hate relationship? Eh?
Loved someone so much that it hurt? No.
Been grounded? Nope, LOL.
Lost: I’m not going to list them because it doesn’t matter anymore.
Drifted: Can’t really say because friendships are so static.
Found: I met loads of new yoga friends.
Weight: 115-120 pounds.
Hair: Very very curly.
BAD THINGS I HAVE DONE:
– Gossiped/Smack talked.
– Didn’t write.
GOOD THINGS I HAVE DONE:
– Made Aidan’s Christmas!
– Loved Adam.
THINGS I HOPE TO DO IN 2011:
– See Aidan more often.
– Write a novel.
– Sell a novel.
– Re-establish my yoga practice.
– Go back to a Disney park.
– Lose weight.
* * *
In the year 2011
Will you be looking for a new job?
No, unless you count on getting more side freelance projects. I’d like more of those.
Will you be looking for a new relationship?
What will you do different in 2011?
I will try to be more positive. Try to write more. Try to write more in my paper journal. Try to have more faith in myself. Try to lose weight. Try to do yoga at least twice a week again.
New Year’s resolution(s)?
What will you not be doing in 2011?
Any trips planned?
What’s on your calendar?
Aidan visits, Disney World, work work work, meeting Weird Al in February.
What can’t you wait for?
All the Aidan visits, Disney World
What would you like to see happen differently?
I’d like for the long, long days at work to go away. It’s hard when you are out of the house 12 hours a day and have to turn around and do it all over again the next day and even some weekends.
What about yourself will you be changing?
– I hope to become even more assertive, less likely to freak out.
– I will be doing even better financially.
– I will be able to write unabashedly and with excitement.
– I will be able to do Crow/Crane pose by the end of the year.
What happened in 2010 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
– Schawk hired me. LOL.
– I wore skinny jeans. AND LIKED IT.
– I stopped drinking pop.
Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Will you dress differently this year than you did in ’10?
Yes, I’ll wear my boots more.
Will you start or quit drinking?
I’ll probably quit for the most part. It does nothing for me. I’ll probably have a drink every once in a while, but honestly, I’d rather have juice.
Will you have better relationship with your family?
Will you do charity work?
Will you go to bars?
Not if I can help it.
Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I usually am.
Do you expect 2011 to be a good year for you?
How much did you change from this time last year til now?
I’ve become more assertive.
Do you plan on having a child?
Just the one I already have.
Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
Major lifestyle changes?
Will you be moving?
Not planning on it, but who knows?
What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 2010 that happened in 2011?
What are your New Years Eve plans?
I hung out with Adam and Aidan.
Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
Wish for 2010:
Success, security, good friends, happiness, love, passion, positivity, and lots of trips to Disney parks!!! YAY!!
Happy New Year!