I’ve posted this recipe before, but seeing as Christmas is in 9 days, I thought I’d share it again in case you’re looking for a yummy addition to your holiday menu. This recipe is easy, and if *I* can pull it off, then you definitely can!
– elbow (or whichever shape you prefer) macaroni/pasta
– butter (or margarine or any sort of spread)
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
– shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– shredded mild cheddar cheese
– shredded Mozzarella cheese
– grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
– milk (evaporated is the best, but any will do)
Boil the macaroni with butter, salt, and oil until desired firmness.
Drain (do not rinse).
Put the macaroni back in the pot, turn on low heat.
Add butter and just enough milk to coat the noodles.
Gradually add cheeses, stirring as you do so.
Once you have desired cheesiness, season to taste.
Because I’ve boiled the noodles with butter and salt,
I usually find that I don’t need to add any more seasonings,
but some might want to put in a dash or two of salt.
It’s totally up to you!