It’s Party Time!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

YAY! This is my first year participating in the Ultimate Blog Party at 5 Minutes For Mom. Cool.

If you’ve popped by from the party, WELCOME! :)

I’m Ronni.

Photo on 04-13-2012 at 11.48 a.m.

I’m a 30-something mom living in Chicago. I’m a freelance copy editor, a big reader, and a wannabe author. I’m currently in training to be a certified yoga teacher, and my favorite colors are purple and pink.

This is Adam, my husband.

My Yummy Husband

He’s a ghost tour guide, an author, and all around smart ass.

This is Aidan.

Aidan and Crookshanks

He’s nine years old and most definitely the BEST kid in the world. Smart, resourceful, creative, kind, and funny. I’m pretty sure he’s going to be famous one day.

We are a happy family. And we love going to Disney World.

It's Us!

We have three cats: Helena, Crookshanks, and Fi.

Beautiful Helena

Crookshanks

Fi

Adam and I live in Chicago all year, and Aidan lives with us 1/3 of the year. (He spends the rest of the time with his dad in Ohio.)

Down the Block

Life is good. :)

It’s nice to meet you. Sit back, relax, and stay a while. I hope you subscribe and come back again. In the meantime, let me know you stopped by!

Happy Friday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30 Comments on It’s Party Time!!

• Ronni
      April 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Posh! I actually follow your blog! :D I don’t comment a lot but I do know who you are. Thanks for stopping by!
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

• Ronni
      April 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

YAY! I’m so glad you want to come back! I just subscribed to your blog as well. Thanks for all the follows.
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

1. Mommy Bags
    April 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm (2 years ago)

I cannot get over how clean the streets are in Chicago. I visited a few years back and thought the very same thing. Happy Friday
    Mommy Bags recently posted: WTF……..tickle….My Profile

• Ronni
      April 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm (2 years ago)

You know, everyone says that about our streets, but believe me, there are some gross patches! The street cleaners come quite often, though, so that helps. It’s a pain in the butt for those of us who drive and have to move our cars, but it does help keep the streets nicer.

They’re really gross in the winter, though. Lots of dog poop after the snow melts. Ew.
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

2. Shala Howell
    April 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Ronni, what a lovely family, lovely post, lovely cats, and my goodness, is that a real street???

I will take you up on your invitation and tool around a bit.

Enjoy the Blog Party!
    Shala Howell recently posted: Ultimate Blog PartyMy Profile

• Ronni
      April 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm (2 years ago)

That’s definitely a real street–it’s MY street! :D

I’m so glad you visited and left me a note. I’m going to visit you now!
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

3. Kristina Brooke
    April 13, 2012 at 9:20 pm (2 years ago)

I love your photos and am glad to have met you! We have a lot of the same dreams: to be an author, travel, Disney! KEWL. LOL I am bookmarking you and will visit again!
    Kristina Brooke recently posted: The Ultimate Blog Party 2012My Profile

• Ronni
      April 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm (2 years ago)

YAY Kristina!! So glad you popped by. I just left a comment on your blog as well. I hope you get to Disney soon. You’d love it.
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

4. Poekitten
    April 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm (2 years ago)

Our family love Disney too! I can’t wait to take our munchkin there (she’s expected to arrive in July.) I love visiting Chicago too! I keep telling my DH we need to go there for a long weekend…maybe once his work schedule settles down we’ll be able to go!
    Poekitten recently posted: I Broke My CarMy Profile

• Ronni
      April 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm (2 years ago)

Chicago is great to visit for a long weekend. Wait til it’s warmer out, though. I mean, it’s 63 today which is actually nice, but Spring takes a long time to come here.

Babies at Disney are the cutest things ever! It does make travel challenging, but it’s worth it. Plus, babies are free. :)

I hope you get there soon!
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

5. Shantel
    April 15, 2012 at 12:18 am (2 years ago)

Hi Ronni!

Stopping by to say hello from the UBP 12! It’s very nice to meet you and your wonderful family! I hope one day to go to Disneyworld, what’s your favorite part? It’s hard sharing kids and I bet even tougher only having him 1/3 of the year, I bet you make your time with him very special! I hope you’ll stop by and say hello! Look forward to getting to know you! Happy Blogging!
    Shantel recently posted: Easter 2012My Profile

6. Jen
    April 15, 2012 at 7:38 am (2 years ago)

Hi, Ronni! I’m up early and ready to party. lol Thanks for stopping by Creative and Curious Kids! for the UBP! Love your blog- beautiful pics of your family. You’re so lucky to be able to go to Disney. We have a Disney jar and have been saving. The kids can’t wait to go! Someday- thier dream will come true.

Enjoy your day- new subscriber.

Jen
    Jen recently posted: Yeah, It’s Party Time!My Profile

• Ronni
      April 20, 2012 at 12:02 am (2 years ago)

It’s going to be that much more special for you once you get there. All that anticipation? That’s part of the fun. You know where to find me if you ever want planning advice once that jar gets full enough. :)
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

7. Jen
    April 16, 2012 at 7:56 pm (2 years ago)

It’s so awesome that you regularly update your blog, Ronni. I wish I did.

Like I often think if not always say, you have a great-looking family. xx

• Ronni
      April 20, 2012 at 12:03 am (2 years ago)

I’m glad you commented. I know we talk on Plurk a lot but it’s always nice when you come visit me here. :)

And thank you! <3
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

8. Alice
    April 17, 2012 at 6:14 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Ronni! Stopping by from #UBP12! I love Disney, too – so I really connect with you on that! And I thought you might like to know that we have the secret to great family vacations on a budget – which includes accommodations in Orlando and Anaheim! – hope you get a chance to stop by our blog, too! http://bit.ly/J3dbEr

• Ronni
      April 28, 2012 at 1:39 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Alice! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. And hey, the more money I can save on vacation means ALL THE MORE SOUVENEARS (see what I did there?) I can buy! :D
      Ronni recently posted: Cray CrayMy Profile

9. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    April 20, 2012 at 12:08 am (2 years ago)

HI Ronni! I am excited to find a blogger in my area! I used to work in the city – I live in northwest IN and visit all the time. Your family is adorable, I will be poking around looking for Disney posts..we are going for the first time this June – can’t wait! PArty ON!
    Coffee Lovin’ Mom recently posted: Ultimate Blog Party 2012 – Party On! #UBP12My Profile

• Ronni
      April 20, 2012 at 12:18 am (2 years ago)

Hey!!! I have LOADS of Disney posts, and a Disney blog too if you’re interested: http://ronnilovesdisney.blogspot.com

I am so excited that you’re going! And it’s going to be your first trip! Eeeeee! :D

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or want any tips. I can talk Disney World all day every day!

So glad you stopped by and said hi!
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

10. Graceful Disaster
    April 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm (2 years ago)

Stopped in from UBP….so far I’m loving your blog. I can’t wait to read more :) PS: I speak smartass fluently as my second language….
    Graceful Disaster recently posted: I F#CK!NG HATE CANCER!!My Profile

• Ronni
      April 22, 2012 at 8:50 pm (2 years ago)

Aww, thanks so much! And I’m learning quite a lot of smartass. Being married to one demands no less. ;) I may ask you for advice, however. There’s always more to learn.
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

11. Sheena
    April 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm (2 years ago)

Beautiful family and kitties! The thought of living all year in Chicagoland makes me want to cry, lol, because I do. I’m ready to get the garden going and tan already!
    Sheena recently posted: Bacon & Biscoff Topped Donut MuffinsMy Profile

• Ronni
      April 22, 2012 at 8:51 pm (2 years ago)

GIRL. You know how I’m feeling. It’s soooo cold outside. I mean, granted, we had a mild winter but winter was like THIS. I’m sick of it. I’m ready for 70s and 80s. Tank tops and shorts and sandals!

And thank you for your compliments. You know I think your family is beautiful as well. xoxo
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

12. Courtney
    April 22, 2012 at 6:48 am (2 years ago)

I need to come visit you in Chicago. ;)
    Courtney recently posted: {v.16}My Profile