It’s Party Time!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

YAY! This is my first year participating in the Ultimate Blog Party at 5 Minutes For Mom. Cool.

If you’ve popped by from the party, WELCOME! :)

I’m Ronni.

Photo on 04-13-2012 at 11.48 a.m.

I’m a 30-something mom living in Chicago. I’m a freelance copy editor, a big reader, and a wannabe author. I’m currently in training to be a certified yoga teacher, and my favorite colors are purple and pink.

This is Adam, my husband.

My Yummy Husband

He’s a ghost tour guide, an author, and all around smart ass.

This is Aidan.

Aidan and Crookshanks

He’s nine years old and most definitely the BEST kid in the world. Smart, resourceful, creative, kind, and funny. I’m pretty sure he’s going to be famous one day.

We are a happy family. And we love going to Disney World.

It's Us!

We have three cats: Helena, Crookshanks, and Fi.

Beautiful Helena

Crookshanks

Fi

Adam and I live in Chicago all year, and Aidan lives with us 1/3 of the year. (He spends the rest of the time with his dad in Ohio.)

Down the Block

Life is good. :)

It’s nice to meet you. Sit back, relax, and stay a while. I hope you subscribe and come back again. In the meantime, let me know you stopped by!

Happy Friday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30 Thoughts on “It’s Party Time!!

1. Your family is really cute. I grew up in Chicago.

Stopping by from UBP to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH
    Posh recently posted: Enjoy the Perfect Pizza with these Items!My Profile

2. Tree
    Twitter: amotherofpearl
    on April 13, 2012 at 6:16 pm said:

Hey there! So nice to “meet” you. :) My favorite colors are pink and purple too.. and I also have one of those at home (a smartass lol). Your son is adorable! I believe I’m following you all over now, and subscribed so I can remember to come back and visit! :) Tree recently posted: Party Time! It’s the Ultimate Blog Party 2012 with 5 Minutes for Mom (4/13 – 4/20)My Profile

3. I cannot get over how clean the streets are in Chicago. I visited a few years back and thought the very same thing. Happy Friday
    Mommy Bags recently posted: WTF……..tickle….My Profile

• Ronni
      Twitter: lilrongal
      on April 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

You know, everyone says that about our streets, but believe me, there are some gross patches! The street cleaners come quite often, though, so that helps. It’s a pain in the butt for those of us who drive and have to move our cars, but it does help keep the streets nicer.

They’re really gross in the winter, though. Lots of dog poop after the snow melts. Ew.
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

4. Hi Ronni, what a lovely family, lovely post, lovely cats, and my goodness, is that a real street???

I will take you up on your invitation and tool around a bit.

Enjoy the Blog Party!
    Shala Howell recently posted: Ultimate Blog PartyMy Profile

5. Kristina Brooke
    Twitter: KristinaDaniele
    on April 13, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

I love your photos and am glad to have met you! We have a lot of the same dreams: to be an author, travel, Disney! KEWL. LOL I am bookmarking you and will visit again!
    Kristina Brooke recently posted: The Ultimate Blog Party 2012My Profile

6. Poekitten
    Twitter: Poekitten
    on April 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

Our family love Disney too! I can’t wait to take our munchkin there (she’s expected to arrive in July.) I love visiting Chicago too! I keep telling my DH we need to go there for a long weekend…maybe once his work schedule settles down we’ll be able to go!
    Poekitten recently posted: I Broke My CarMy Profile

• Ronni
      Twitter: lilrongal
      on April 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

Chicago is great to visit for a long weekend. Wait til it’s warmer out, though. I mean, it’s 63 today which is actually nice, but Spring takes a long time to come here.

Babies at Disney are the cutest things ever! It does make travel challenging, but it’s worth it. Plus, babies are free. :)
      I hope you get there soon!
      Ronni recently posted: It’s Party Time!!My Profile

7. Hi Ronni!

Stopping by to say hello from the UBP 12! It’s very nice to meet you and your wonderful family! I hope one day to go to Disneyworld, what’s your favorite part? It’s hard sharing kids and I bet even tougher only having him 1/3 of the year, I bet you make your time with him very special! I hope you’ll stop by and say hello! Look forward to getting to know you! Happy Blogging!
    Shantel recently posted: Easter 2012My Profile

8. Hi, Ronni! I’m up early and ready to party. lol Thanks for stopping by Creative and Curious Kids! for the UBP! Love your blog- beautiful pics of your family. You’re so lucky to be able to go to Disney. We have a Disney jar and have been saving. The kids can’t wait to go! Someday- thier dream will come true.

Enjoy your day- new subscriber.

Jen
    Jen recently posted: Yeah, It’s Party Time!My Profile

• Ronni
      Twitter: lilrongal
      on April 20, 2012 at 12:02 am said:

It’s going to be that much more special for you once you get there. All that anticipation? That’s part of the fun. You know where to find me if you ever want planning advice once that jar gets full enough. :) Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

9. Nice to meet you. You have a gorgeous family.
    Nolie recently posted: Facebook Funnies – April 15thMy Profile

10. It’s so awesome that you regularly update your blog, Ronni. I wish I did.

Like I often think if not always say, you have a great-looking family. xx

11. Hi Ronni! Stopping by from #UBP12! I love Disney, too – so I really connect with you on that! And I thought you might like to know that we have the secret to great family vacations on a budget – which includes accommodations in Orlando and Anaheim! – hope you get a chance to stop by our blog, too! http://bit.ly/J3dbEr

• Ronni
      Twitter: lilrongal
      on April 28, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

Hi Alice! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. And hey, the more money I can save on vacation means ALL THE MORE SOUVENEARS (see what I did there?) I can buy! :D Ronni recently posted: Cray CrayMy Profile

12. Coffee Lovin' Mom
    Twitter: coffeeluvinmom
    on April 20, 2012 at 12:08 am said:

HI Ronni! I am excited to find a blogger in my area! I used to work in the city – I live in northwest IN and visit all the time. Your family is adorable, I will be poking around looking for Disney posts..we are going for the first time this June – can’t wait! PArty ON!
    Coffee Lovin’ Mom recently posted: Ultimate Blog Party 2012 – Party On! #UBP12My Profile

13. Stopped in from UBP….so far I’m loving your blog. I can’t wait to read more :) PS: I speak smartass fluently as my second language….
    Graceful Disaster recently posted: I F#CK!NG HATE CANCER!!My Profile

14. Sheena
    Twitter: sheenatatum
    on April 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

Beautiful family and kitties! The thought of living all year in Chicagoland makes me want to cry, lol, because I do. I’m ready to get the garden going and tan already!
    Sheena recently posted: Bacon & Biscoff Topped Donut MuffinsMy Profile

• Ronni
      Twitter: lilrongal
      on April 22, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

GIRL. You know how I’m feeling. It’s soooo cold outside. I mean, granted, we had a mild winter but winter was like THIS. I’m sick of it. I’m ready for 70s and 80s. Tank tops and shorts and sandals!

And thank you for your compliments. You know I think your family is beautiful as well. xoxo
      Ronni recently posted: Stay With The FeelingsMy Profile

15. Courtney
    Twitter: baxtronlife
    on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

I need to come visit you in Chicago. ;) Courtney recently posted: {v.16}My Profile