Was 2015 a good year for you?
It was pretty good. Had a few sad parts but I can’t complain. I got to take Aidan on an epic 3-week vacation which included Disney World, I got to see Ginger Doss in concert twice!, I made new friends, I “finished” my novel (still revising), and I got a job that I generally enjoy with good teammates and that pays well. I also got asked to blog for Theologians Net, a fan blog for Theo James. Radical.
What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
– drove in Florida
– visited Daytona Beach
– bought Uggs
– visited LEGOLand
– drank blk. water
– saw a ballet (The Nutcracker)
– saw The Lion King musical
– took a ballet class
– got a keratin treatment for my hair
– rented a car
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Did anyone close to you die?
My stepfather Greg.
What countries did you visit?
Still none. But next year, for sure!
What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 15–July 4: 3 week epic vacation, just me and Aidan
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my novel. Still needs revisions, but it’s done! Finally!
What was your biggest failure?
Still not being *there* with the novel.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing other than the normal. Praise God.
Where did most of your money go?
travel, books, clothes, rent, bills
What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
– Elastic Heart – Sia
– anything by Annelise Collette
– It’s In Her Eyes – manicanparty
– Better Days – RIVKA
– Out of Mind – Tove Lo
What do you wish you’d done more of?
– long walks
– retreats at Stonehouse
– interpersonal interaction
– personal reflection and spiritual work
– taking more photos
What do you wish you’d done less of?
– being afraid
– wasting time on social media
– messing around on the computer/iphone
What was your greatest musical discovery?
– Annaliese Collette
– Tove Lo
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 41. :O I went shopping at Target, put lights on the Christmas tree, ate lunch at Sakura (yummy) got a cupcake from Molly’s, and relaxed at home, chatting with Rena on Google Hangouts and playing TsumTsum on my phone.
How did you spend Christmas?
I spent it at home with my family. We opened gifts, then I read and napped and watched Aidan play video games the rest of the day. It was very relaxing and much needed.
How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Most likely at home with Aidan and Adam. Maybe watching Dance Academy or Punky Brewster.
What did you want and get?
– a trip to Disney World
– a chance to meet Huntley Fitzpatrick and loads of other amazing authors
– critique partners for my book
– a new good friend
What did you want and not get?
– MORE AIDAN TIME (there is never enough)
– a flat stomach
– a trip out of the country
– to meet Theo James
– to see the Statue of Liberty, the Cloisters, and the High Line in NYC
– an agent
What kept you sane?
– books, books, books
– as much sleep as possible
– regular massages
– lots of blankets to keep me warm
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
What political issue stirred you the most?
I won’t even mention his name here. Ugh.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
The work never stops.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
– Yoga pants and long tee-shirts or tank tops.
– Skinny jeans and boots.
– Leggings. Lots of leggings.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
– Disney World
– Anderson’s YA Lit Conference
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Meeting Theo James. That cheeky bastard.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. I’ve been eating like crap. Still look good in the skinny jeans and leggings, though.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
In 2016, I am looking forward to:
– breaking out my new Happy Planner
– finishing revisions on my novel and getting it ready for submissions (eeeee!)
– starting a new novel
– discovering new music (thank you, Spotify!)
– making new friends
– getting back into my yoga practice
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!