My favorite time of the year is here again! It’s officially the holiday season! The stores are all decorated and playing Christmas music, ABC Family is doing its 25 Days of Christmas, and people have lights on their homes and trees in the windows. I’m listening to Christmas music, Trader Joe’s has yummy Christmas treats everywhere, and my birthday is in 19 days!
For the 2012 holiday season, I have so much to be excited about and thankful for!
– My awesome Aidan. He’s now nine years old, in fourth grade, and absolutely the best little boy ever. EVER.
– My husband. It’s amazing to have someone so supportive of me, so ready to defend me, and willing to do anything to make me happy. And he puts up with my wackiness, which is no small feat, let me tell ya.
– My families. All of them.
– A trip Disney World in which I got to be in a PARADE!!
– My work study opportunity at Moksha Yoga. I get to do work I love in exchange for what I love. It’s a win-win!
– Teacher training at Moksha Yoga. Oh my goodness, it has been a wild, crazy ride, but you know this already.
– My friends, old and new!
– My Plurk crew. They are hilarious and fun. Love them!
– The abundance and blessings that have been and keep being rained down on us.
It’s now time for the Holiday Wishes Meme. I started doing this in 2006, and I encourage you guys to do it as well.
– Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ/blog. The post should contain your list of up to 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun (“I’d love a Doctor Who icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
– If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
– Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your entry, or link to this post (it’ll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
– Surf around to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part: If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use—or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
– You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not—it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
With that said, here are my wishes for 2012.
1. A gift card, or for you to make donations to, DonorsChoose.org. DonorsChoose focuses on education. Teachers ask for classroom project materials. We donate. The kids learn. Most of these schools are high poverty, and the teachers are already doing all they can. Any amount is welcome.
2. Donations to Paws Chicago, the shelter where we got Helena. It’s a cage-free, no-kill shelter, and they are run completely on donations; they receive no city, state, or federal funding. It’s a great place. A shelter situation is stressful for the animals involved, and every animal I came in contact with there was happy and friendly. They have an extensive screening process to make sure you’re aware of your decision and commitment, and if somehow things don’t work out, the animal always has a home at PAWS.
3. Anything from my Amazon wish list.
4. Gift cards to bookstores. I love bookstores. And books. But you already know that.
5. I also wouldn’t mind gift cards to Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Target, or Kohl’s.
6. A mailbox FILLED with Christmas cards. I remember the days I’d open my mailbox and find loads and loads of cards. I would barely have a place to display them all. Every year, the number of cards I get dwindles. So, I’d love to get tons more cards again. I miss that!
*Comment with your email address if you’re interested in fulfilling this particular wish and I will email you my address.
The things that I’d like your prayers/happy energy for:
1. My mom to be as healthy as possible and to live a long time.
2. My friends and family to be happy, healthy, comfortable, and secure.
3. Myself to be happy, healthy, comfortable, and secure.
4. A mild winter.
It’s December now, the holiday and giving season really is here! YAY!
Now, go download my Christmas Bucket List!!! Also pin it on Pinterest. Share it. Link it to me. It’s my gift to you.
*** Oh yeah! If you do this meme for yourself, be sure to leave a comment with a link to your post, OK? I want to read your wishes!
Friends who are wishing: Neth * Nashay