Yesterday was an AMAZING mail day. I got a letter from wlotus and a letter from verytruly, a load of cards, and two birthday presents!
Today’s line at the post office was INSANELY long. I mean, it was threatening to go out the door! Tell me that’s not a bit scary! Tomorrow is the last day to mail something Priority and get it there before Christmas. I’m sure the place will be a MADHOUSE. Eek.
Work is going okay. I was dreading working on the ELL pages for a while there, but now that I’ve helped develop the style guide, and now that Tamera lets me have the run of the project, I’m really enjoying it! I know I’ve mentioned how awesome Tamera is, but I must reiterate. She is AWESOME. Working with her is so much fun. She’s hilarious and just all around nice. Did I mention that she’s letting me make a lot of style decisions on this project? Wheee!
I’ve been looking at confirming pages for Handwriting–Practice Masters, which are books of excercises one can do to simply practice letter formations, joinings, and sentences. I like seeing the corrections I suggest get incorporated. I like making our products better. No, not better. The best.
There were loads of cards for me in my mailbox today. People come in every morning with holiday bags filled with gifts to give people. The VP gave everyone little houses filled with mini sausages and cheeses. One of the editors gave cards with handmade ornaments in them (mine will be going on my tree shortly!)
A Good Meme
I got this from a friend, and decided to reproduce it for me.
– Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
– If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
– Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it’ll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
– Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
– If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf–to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
Money. Until I find a part-time job to supplement my ZB income, I’m going to be cutting it close and barely scraping by, and if something comes up, like needing new brakes on my car (please, not yet), I will be utterly screwed. Any generously given help will be SO appreciated. Normally, it would hurt my pride to do this, but it’s the holidays, this is a wishlist, and I’d do the same for my friends if I could and they needed it. Besides, who doesn’t wish for money??????
A Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Aidan. He really wants one, and he’s been such a great kid, but the thing is SO HARD TO FIND, and on eBay, it’s no cheaper than $75 with shipping. Unfortunately, I can’t get it for him. But he deserves it because he’s so wonderful, such a blessing, the light of my life. ♥ Uncle A was indeed, at it again! Thank you!!!! ♥ Aidan will appreciate it so much. Today, he told Santa that he wanted a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I can’t wait to see his little face!!
3. Gift cards to Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com or Best Buy
Grown-up size pajamas with feet. I lost mine. I wear a small.
I’ll post the new picture when I get them!!
5. A laptop computer for Aidan.
6. Plane ticket for a four-day weekend to Chicago in May.
7. A book publishing contract. A best-selling career.
A toaster. I am spoiled. ROTTEN. But I appreciate it all. Thank you! I’m so excited about eating toast that I will forget to be afraid of it popping up. Yes, yes, yes.
9. To be off of Lexapro. Peace of mind.
10. My friends to be happy.
I’m going shopping with Angelo tonight. Not buying anything myself, but he needs help, as always, with his purchases. We’re avoiding the Easton area. I think that’s the most wise decision. In the meantime, I’m gonna take a couple of Aleve (stave off the cramps), and hang up Christmas cards.
Til next time!
ETA: Let me reiterate that I have the BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!!