Another weekend has passed. Went and got Aidan from my mom’s yesterday. He was being as silly and cute and sweet as ever. Getting back into mommy mode is always a challenge after these long breaks, though.
Yesterday, I finished reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, and now I’m reading Pretties. Specials is ready for me to pick up at the library, so I’m going to do that Tuesday. They’re very intense books, hard for me to blow through like I do with most YA novels. Interesting stuff, though.
Today, I watched The Covenant. It was predictable, but the guys were hot. Not a favorite, but it was enough to pass the time. I had a pretty lazy Sunday. Reading, resting, sitting in the glider while the electric heater blew directly on me, curled up in a blanket. It was restful. I didn’t get bored until the middle of Family Guy this evening.
I blew a fuse yesterday evening. Or tripped the circuit breaker. Whatever it is. I was typing away on the computer, enjoying the really warm air from the electric heater on my toes when PHOOOM. Half the apartment went dark. “Nice,” I muttered. Then I noticed night lights glowing in the other room. I knew then that I’d tripped a circuit. I fixed it and vowed to never put the electric heater on II again. This place can handle I, but not II.
We got a lot of snow, so driving tomorrow is something I am not looking forward to. Everything is prepared for work tonight, so tomorrow morning, I won’t have to rush, and I will probably need extra commute time. The freezing drizzle has me really nervous. That’s the dangerous, scary stuff. I hope the roads are okay by the time rush hour hits.
Lots going on in my mind. Just a lot of thinking I need to do. But scared to start muddling through it all. And paperwork. I’m so gosh darn sick of paperwork. Seems like there is always a problem and people want to point fingers instead of owning up and taking accountability and getting things resolved. I just know I’d like to RELAX fully and completely for once, but I can’t because there is always something to worry about, some issue to deal with.
And God do I need a massage. One of those ninety-minute ones from Gentle Wind by Heather Lane. I just need some Reiki, Swedish and deep tissue. Mmmm. I’m all tied up in knots and it hurts.
But anyway, before I go, here are a couple of surveys.
1. Initials: RLD.
2. Name someone with the same birthday as you: urstruly
3. Last thing you ate: bacon and an apple-cinnamon muffin
4. For or against same sex marriage: For.
5. Are you homophobic: No.
6. Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday morning?: Yes, if Aidan is with me.
7. Do you believe in God: Yes.
8. How many states in the US have you been to? At least ten.
9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in: One.
10. Ever lived outside of the US: No.
11. Name something you like physically about yourself: My smile.
12. Something non-physical you like about yourself: Not much these days…
13. What is your dad’s name: I hate this question.
14. What is your dream car: I don’t have one.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Disney World.
16. Favorite type of food? Pastas.
17. Favorite holiday: Christmas.
18. Do you download music: Yes.
19. What illegal things have you done: Speeding.
20. Where would you want to go on a first date: Food is always good.
21. Would you date the person who posted this before you? Geoff wouldn’t like that so much.
22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally: Yes.
23. Have you ever cried for no reason: No.
24. Do you like Bush: No.
25. Have you ever bungee jumped: No.
26. Have you ever white-water rafted: Nope. And this I won’t do because I can’t swim.
27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you? Yes.
28. Last person you hugged: Mommy.
29. Have you met a real redneck: Oh yes.
30. How is the weather right now: Light snow/fog. 30F.
31. Song you’re listening to right now: N/A.
32. What are your current fav songs?: Don’t have any at the moment.
33. What was the last movie you watched?: The Covenant.
34. Do you wear contacts: Occasionally.
35. Where was the last place you went besides your house? My mom’s house.
36. What are you afraid of? Don’t get me started.
37. OOOOH: Right, then.
38. How many pets do you have: Right now, it’s just my cat, Lucy.
39. Have you ever loved someone: Yes.
40. What really turns you on: Again, don’t get me started.
41. What do you usually order from Starbucks: Nothing. I don’t drink Starbucks.
42.Have you ever fired a gun: No.
43. Are you missing someone: Yes.
44. Say something totally random about yourself: I hate it when I have to go pee.
45. Do you have an iPod? Yes. It’s about to die.
46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb? Yes.
47. What’s your mom’s name: Lenora.
48. Who would you like to see right now: Aidan, and Adam.
49. Favorite band of all time (only ONE): Aerosmith.
50. Dogs or cats: Cats. Gotta stay loyal to little Lucy. I like dogs too, though.
51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren’t supposed to be doing? Yes.
52. Favorite flower: wildflowers.
53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn: I don’t like popcorn.
54. What books are you reading: The Pretties.
55. Have you ever ridden in a limo: Yes.
56. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? As close as grandparents can get.
57. Do you watch MTV: No.
58. What’s something that really bugs you: Rudeness.
59. What are some things you really like doing: Reading.
60. This number was left out.
61. Can you dance: I used to be able to really well.
62. Favorite basketball team: N/A
63. Favorite cereal: Trix, or Fruity Pebbles.
64. Do you drive: Yes.
65. What’s the latest you have ever stayed out: I dunno, about 4am…?
66. Last time you went bowling: Years ago.
67. Were you ever rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? No.
68. Who was your last phone call?: I think Chris.
69. Last time you were at work: Friday.
70. Whats your favorite state to be in: a state of well-being.
1. Is your second toe longer than your first?: Yes
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?: Yes
3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing?: Nothing
4. What color are your toenails usually?: Natural
5. What was the last thing you highlighted?: Status change on HR form at work.
6. What color are your bedroom curtains?: I have no curtains.
7. What color are the seats in your car?: Grey
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?: No.
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?: My car payment.
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?: No.
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?: I don’t recall withdrawing money in a long time.
12. Who is the last baby that you held?: It’s been a while.
13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names?: No.
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?: Yes.
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?: Hyundai Accent–same one I’m driving now.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators.: Nope.
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?: 2001, I think.
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?: No
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow.: Some self-stick notes.
20. Last person to give you a business card?: Probably Adam.
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?: Credit Union of Ohio (see #9)
22. Closest framed picture to you?: N/A
23. Last time you had someone cook for you?: Christmas.
24. Have you ever applied for welfare?: No.
25. How many emails do you have?: In my primary personal in box–NONE!
26. Last time you received flowers? No clue.
28. What are you listening to right now?: Nothing.
29. Do you play air guitar?: I try to avoid this at all costs, but sometimes it just happens.
30. Do you take anything in your coffee?: No. I don’t even take coffee.
31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?: No.
32. What is your high school’s rival mascot?: Dunno.
33. Last person you spoke to from high school? Andy.
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer? No clue.
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? I can live without it.
36. What color are the blinds in your living room?: N/A
37. What is in your in box at work? Nothing, last time I checked.
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?: I don’t read the newspaper.
39. What was the last pageant you attended? Little Miss Johnstown or Firecracker or something, 1999.
40. What is the last place you bought pizza from? Pizza Hut
41. Have you ever worn a crown? Yes
42. What is the last thing you stapled? I can’t remember. Probably something at work.
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? Yes.
44. Are you ticklish?: Yes
45. Last time you saw fireworks?: I don’t know. Probably at the Ohio State Fair.
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? A couple weeks ago at work. GLC bought them for us.
47. Who is the last person that left you a message & you called back? Oh shoot, I need to call Tony!
48. Last time you parked under a carport? I don’t know if I ever have.
49. Do you have a black dog? No.
50. Do you have any pickles in your fridge?: Yes.
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? Yes. Kind of.
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?: Me. And Aidan.
53. Last time you saw a semi truck?: Yesterday.
54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?: Yes.
55. Do you have a little black dress?: Yes.