Put up the tree today. There’s something nice about small trees. They’re so easy to decorate. I hadn’t even taken the thing apart really. Just stood it up and fluffed it out a bit. Plopped on the garland and the lights, and when Aidan got here, hung the ornaments with him. Good times.
I’ve been playing with the manual settings on my camera (FINALLY, after having it for 20 months!), and while I still have a lot to learn, I’m excited about how much more flexibility I have with photography. I’m also scared that I’ll screw up pix a lot more. :O Like those sparkle things on Aidan’s face in the above picture. What the hot banana is that all about?
And time for a survey!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both! I like to wrap, but gift bags are pretty and reusable!
2. Real or Artificial tree?
Artificial. I have a cat.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first week of December, but I got sick this year, then went to NYC. So, today.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Whenever I get around to it. I try to do it soon after the new year.
5. Do you like Eggnog?
6. Favorite gift you received as a child?
Oh man, let me think! Barbie Dolls, and the Hanging’ Tough Live video.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I think I do? I do have an ornament that I keep up all year round.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Aidan and Adam.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
11. Christmas Cards?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I LOVE The Christmas List. After that? Hmm, A Christmas Story. A Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
A bit before Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever ‘recycled’ a Christmas present?
I may have for a white elephant thing.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mommy’s dressing, greens, and mac & cheese. And raspberry chocolate chip cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
We’ll start with Transiberian Orchestra ones first:
Christmas Canon Rock
Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)
Next, Harry Connick, Jr. songs:
Parade of the Wooden Soldiers
I Pray on Christmas
… and these randoms:
– O Come O Come Emmanuel – Carter’s Cord (It’s FREE on iTunes right now—’til 12/18/07—so go get it!)
– Emmanuel, God With Us – Amy Grant
– These Are The Special Times
– God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (the 98º one)
– Agnus De, the Michael W. Smith version. It’s not really a Christmas song, but it fits.
– Christmastime – Michael W. Smith
– The Prayer
– Angels We Have Heard on High (the Joan Osborne version)
And and…. of course, You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.
Oh, and I like the ones Mariah Carey sings and Sarah McLachlan and Jewel and Nat King Cole and … OK, you know what? It’s going to take me too long to answer this question. I have 218 Christmas songs on my computer That’s 13.4 hours.
HEY, I also like the I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas song. Anyone have it and want to share?
18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home?
I’m the young, unmarried one, so I’ll be traveling. Adam, Aidan, and I are going up to see my mom.
19. Can you name Santa’s Reindeer?
A few of them.
20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree?
Angel. Always an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
It depends. This year, I opened some on Thanksgiving!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
It goes away so quickly.
23. Shopping…Mall or online?
I like to go out and shop. No paying for shipping that way. I remember when they were really trying to push online shopping, back in 1999. EVERY place offered free shipping, and I didn’t have a car. It was the best thing ever. But then, online shopping caught on, so it’s not as much fun anymore.
24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)
I have an apartment, so I only decorate inside.
25. Favorite Christmas cookie?
Raspberry chocolate chip. I need to get some raspberry chocolate chips and a new cookie sheet so I can make them!
26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry?
I have a couple pairs of socks.
27. Do you believe in Santa?
Santa rocks, dude.
‘Til next time.