I’ve been blogging for nearly 11 years, and I do it because it gives me a chance to express myself, to connect with others, to make new friends, and to be creative.
Here is a picture of me with my blog, a challenge inspired by Rachel at Finding Joy.
I found Courtney’s blog over the weekend and have really enjoyed learning about her family and seeing all her beautiful photos. She’s posts a lot of pretty pictures of her gorgeous little daughter. You should visit just for that. Plus, her husband’s family lives in Columbus, Ohio, where I lived for 13 years before moving to Chicago. Go Buckeyes!
Courtney is lovely enough to have me as one of her featured blogs! Go visit her and say “hi!”
Life With the Baxtrons
I haven’t won a blog or Web site award in years. But the awesome Priyanka at Girl on the Move was nice enough to award me the following, which I guess means I’m versatile. Or something.
YAY!!! So, now I get to pass it on!
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave it to you!
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Send the Versatile Blogger Award on to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!
OK, so 7 Things About Me:
1. I LOVE to read, and I read mostly YA novels.
2. Guilty pleasures of mine? Stupid Zynga games like Cafe World and FarmVille. I know, right?
3. I’m a night owl.
4. I don’t like the sound of footsteps, especially high heels.
5. I imagine what it’d be like to be a Time Lord.
6. I’m a nerd (see #5).
7. If I had more room in my apartment, I’d have an aquarium, a snake, some bearded dragons, and possibly a guinea pig, as well as my cats.
So, now I get to tell 15 bloggers that I love reading their blogs. I bet some of them have received this award before. Well, they’re getting it again, so there!
Here are my 15. Some of these are blogs I’ve just discovered, and some of them are friends I’ve known for a long time. All of them have the effect of making me drop everything when I see a new entry from them in my RSS feeder. Please visit them and tell them I sent you.
1. Krista @ Army Wife Style
2. Lotus @ Inside My Velvet Rope
3. Dara @ Not In Jersy
4. Liza @ Liza Loves
5. Theresa @ I, Mami
6. Mama G @ Growing Up Geeky
7. Melissa @ Filling Our Bucket
8. Sweaty @ Do Sweat the Small Stuff
9. Jen @ My Boss is Teething
10. Nikki @ Everything Under the Moon
11. Mandi @ Life in Beta
12. InC0h3rent @ My Wall of Wonder
13. Sun @ SunBrokie.net
14. Rho @ Rho Rho’s Flow
15. C_Chan808 @ Say Cheese!
Oh my God, what? Another entry? So soon? Well then.
I had a pretty amazing 2010. I tried new things, watched new movies, learned about new music, read lots of books, landed a full-time job, and met many awesome people. As per my tradition, I’m doing my year-in-review survey.
Something wonky happened with my other Word Press installation. The files are all there, but I can’t get into my dashboard to add new posts, update, or even see what the heck is wrong. So bear with me as I try to redo my site. It’s kind of a PITA, but I’d been meaning to move everything to the index page for a while. So, here goes!
ETA: All posts have been imported from Live Journal, including some that probably didn’t need to come over here! I THINK I might be back in business.