Well, the plan for today was to isolate myself from the Internet World and spend time reading and doing a lot of thinking about some heavy stuff I’m going to have to deal with soon. Instead, I:
– Played on MySpace;
– Took pics of myself with my webcam and digital cam and uploaded them to Flickr;
– Changed my default icon here and on MySpace;
– Played with my Amazon wishlist.
In addition to all that, I did the following things today:
– Took a long shower in which I shaved AND washed my hair;
– Needlessly drove to Port Columbus Airport;
– Wished I was driving there to take a trip of my own;
– Read some of Wrath, but kept falling asleep (I’m having a hard time with it because Golden BLEW ME AWAY);
– Napped a lot (will need Tylenol PM to help get me to sleep tonight–I should go and take two of those now);
– Ate only chocolate chip cookie dough and ice cream (I haven’t had a real meal since Friday night);
– Talked to Aidan;
– Talked to my mom;
– Wished I was at Cedar Point;
– Listened to The Beatles a lot;
– Properly tagged all the rest of my MP3s in iTunes.
Anyway, wanna see some pics?
You know you want to!
Many Outraged by Breast-Feeding Magazine Cover
I have the rest of tonight and ALL DAY TOMORROW to myself!! Whatever shall I do???
Right now I’m burning Nag Champa and listening to The Beatles, and I’m pretty content.
This was the week for catching up with old friends. Hanging with Rob was like picking up right where we left off in February. He’s as funny and wacky and ever. Tonight I got to have dinner with a someone I worked with at Nationwide, and we saw a movie–John Tucker Must Die. The movie was pretty funny, but I am really excited for The Covenant, which is coming out in September. Hot guys, paranormal stuff, danger, SWEET special effects. Yes, yes, yes.
Mmm, Nag Champa makes me all fuzzy. I think I want a glass of wine.
Okay, got a glass of wine.
My desktop computer is fully pimped out now. I just hooked my iPod up to it, and I got a new USB hub (thank GOD for Best Buy Reward Zone certificates!), so I don’t have to worry about things disconnecting at random. I have an 80 gig hard drive built in, and a 160 gig external hard drive. Speakers, zip drive, printer, all that good stuff is hooked up. Including… my webcam!
You know, 2006 is more than half over, and I’ve done loads of things I’ve never done before. Things I’ve never thought I’d ever do. I mean, things that weren’t even CLOSE on my radar screen. Some of them I can post, some of them I WILL NOT post (mostly to protect the innocent.. and the guilty too, namely ME! Teehee!)!!!
For example, so far this year, I’ve:
– Signed with a literary agent;
– Finished writing novel #3;
– Attended a writer’s conference;
– Bought and maintained an aquarium (trying to, at least);
– Been on a ghost tour;
– Bought a DSLR camera;
– Read almost 70 books;
I’d LIKE to do the following things before 2006 is out:
– Get a tattoo. I finally have an idea of what I want (I’m thinking a small red heart, with a drop of blood coming off of it. On my right arm, just below my shoulder. Or maybe a beautiful butterfly. What do you think?) <-- we'll see if I ever get the guts and the $$ to actually follow through with this, I'm thinking NO on both counts;
- Get a book deal;
- Finish writing novel #4
CRAP! I need to go to bed! Good night!
I’m having a really hard time focusing on a project right now. Granted, I just finished CRUSH, but I was doing so well in MOVES before just getting blocked. I tried to work on UNTITLED today, but I felt so distracted and cruddy that I couldn’t focus.
Not sure what’s going on. I don’t want to take too long of a break–I don’t want to lose the groove. On the other hand, I don’t want to force it either.
I want a book sale so badly. Sigh.
I will try to work tomorrow. I promise I’ll get something done. I KNOW what needs to be written. Writing it is so hard, though.
Gotta clear my mind and DO THIS.
In happier news, I stumbled across a recent interview with SUPER AGENT. He’s such a great guy. Can’t wait ’til my work sells. I want to make him proud.
(Originally published at Anywhere Is…)