Everyone else is doing it, so why can’t I?
2004 Memories Survey
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Got my driver’s license! Helped lead a life group for a while. Played volleyball in a pool. Went to Las Vegas! Started guitar lessons. Camped out.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept one. Can’t remember the rest. Wait, I don’t make resolutions…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one really close, but lots of people I know did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Some financial sense. I need to learn to be cheap like Tyler.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmm, don’t really have one.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing another novel, getting my license.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Racking up more debt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car, followed closely by my laptop.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes and electronics.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Easter retreat, Las Vegas, etc.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Hmm, any Avril song from Under My Skin, and I think Only One by Yellowcard.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? MUCH happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Um…are you talking about money or other things?
18. What do you wish you’d done more?
Thought before making so many purchases.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Aidan and Chris, probably.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I’m reading “Searching For God Knows What” by Donald Miller.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oooo… Aria. Yes, Aria.
27. What did you want and get?
A laptop, and a guitar. A car. Lots of clothes and music and fun electronics.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the POA
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It hasn’t come yet! A week from today!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
MORE money, a job I felt passion for.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Trendy, but cute.
32. What kept you sane?
My friends. Writing. Computer time.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, Adam Brody. <3
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t even get me started. :[
35. Who did you miss?
Lots of people.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
OH MY GOSH. I cannot answer this question with just one person. So here goes: Kelly P, Emily, Bizzy, Becky, Rob, Garth, Tyler, Mr. Matt and if I am forgetting you please accept my apologies. (Tami, don’t even get all mad, I met you in 2003).
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
I don’t know…
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Hmmm. Let me get back to you. It’s bedtime.