it’s just a survey
Comments Off on 100
it’s just a survey
Comments Off on 100
Hello, LJ people.
Yes, I’ve been away. Well, not exactly. I’ve been reading, just not posting. And it’s not because I haven’t had much to say. Okay, sometimes that was the case. But often, I was just too tired to sit here and write an entry.
But I am here now, so sit back and brace yourselves. It might be a long one!
Here are the things I’ve done since I last posted:
– Took my laptop to Best Buy again because the power adapter thingy was overheating and melting the cord. I mean, it was getting uncomfortably hot. It will scald you. Was told that there was liquid damage to the motherboard and they wouldn’t fix it unless I paid them more than $1200. I told them to leave the computer as is. I’ll just not touch the damn AC adapter part. It’s at Best Buy now, waiting for me to pick it up. I’ll go get it tomorrow. Seriously, who’d pay $1200 to repair a two-year old laptop when one can buy TWO NEW ones for that price?
One of these days, I’m going to get a Mac.
– I’ve subscribed to a bunch of feeds; The Bargainist, WiseBread, zen habits, The Happiness Project. I call the folder they’re in “Lifestyle” The Bargainist has lists and lists of deals, free samples, coupon codes. It’s neat. Wisebread is a money-management blog. The other two are just for me to become more at peace and happier. Good stuff, those. I have a ton of feeds on my Google Reader, actually. It’s such a convenient way to get loads of info in one place.
– Downloaded the new version of Flock. Got irritated because the pages with feeds and searches on them kept bringing up this little bar that asked me if I wanted to subscribe to them. I finally went into configurations and turned them off. Now I like Flock again. Except I can’t figure out how to turn off the media stream notification. Ugh.
– Had my one-year evaluation at work. It went really well. The copy editors are all going to start taking classes for Copy Editing certification. We wanted to start this month, but we’re waitlisted. We’ll see what happens. At any rate, work has been really good lately. The new lead copy editor is very cool. I won’t have page proofs coming in until October (sigh), so I’m doing a lot of pick up work for marketing and leftover stuff for everyone else. Plus errata. Always errata. Boo to errata. But yay to the style guide coming together!
– Became ADDICTED to enchiladas from El Vaquero. Seriously, they are SOOOOO good. I had some yesterday for lunch. Yummy.
– Started listening to the following bands a lot: Lacuna Coil, Grateful Dead, and The Crüxshadows. I also decided that I love the song Breakin’ Dishes by Rihanna. And If Tha Mood by Esthero. More songs, too.
– Went to Atlanta to meet adamselzer‘s parents and also for Dragon*Con!
Read about and see pix from Atlanta/Dragon*Con
Comments Off on An Update (Lots of Pictures/Survey)
1. The next person you’ll hold hands with; will it mean anything?
It’ll be Aidan and it’ll be to keep him from running off in a parking lot, most likely.
2. Do you sleep with the TV on?
3. Have you ever drank alcohol straight from the bottle?
4. Do you think you’re old?
Not really, but I do think I should be more accomplished than I am now.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Every once in a while I’ll get a little freaked out.
6. Do you like your life right now?
When am I ever satisfied? But for the most part, I’m okay.
7. When’s the last time you chose a bath over a shower?
A couple nights ago. Probably will tonight, too.
8. Do you knock on wood?
No, it’s hard to find real wood to knock on these days.
9. Do you have good vision?
10. Can you hula hoop?
No. Adam can, though.
11. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
I can forgive others, but not myself. And I’ll never forget.
12. Do you have a job?
15. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school?
16. Have you ever crawled through a window?
18. Can you handle the truth?
19. What was the most recent thing you bought?
An enchilada from El Vaquero.
20. Are you listening to music?
21. Where are you?
22. How often do you talk on the phone?
About twice a week.
23. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
25. Are you in a complicated relationship?
The only complicated thing is that he lives 400 miles from me.
26. Do you hate more than 3 people?
27. Have you ever tripped someone?
28. Name one thing that is always on your mind?
29. Do you like your name?
30. Ever stolen anything?
What do you think?
31. Name your favorite animal?
32. Have you made a prank phone call?
I don’t think I’ve ever made one, I’ve witnessed them being made, though. Hilarious. It’s fun trying to keep a straight face so as not to distract the caller.
33. Are you sarcastic?
34. Have you ever slapped someone?
Not that I recall.
35. Do looks matter?
Yes. Yes, they do.
36. Do you use chapstick?
37. Are you too forgiving?
I don’t know.
38. Do you own something from Hot Topic?
39. Do you own a gun?
41. When was the last time you cried?
The last time I remember was last Thursday (8/8).
42. Olive Garden?
43. Have you ever been in a castle?
44. Are you thinking about somebody right now?
45. Do you like your hair?
47. Do you like yourself?
48. Are you closer to your mother or father?
49. Have you ever stripped?
51. Do you chat on AIM often?
No. I use the messenger inside of AOL and only a very few people can contact me on it.
52. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
53. Full House or Brady Bunch?
54. Did you like your high school guidance counselor?
Yes. He was always getting me to apply for programs and scholarships and stuff.
55. Has anyone ever called you a tease?
56. Do you have any scars?
57. Relationships or one night stands?
58. Have you seen all the Rocky movies?
59. Who was the last person that made you cry?
Made me cry? I don’t know. Probably Aidan.
60. Ever wish upon a star?
61. Where is your dad right now?
62. Last time you kissed someone?
63. Got Milk?
64. Last person you text messaged?
Adam. He never answered. >.<
65. What kind of phone do you have?
68. What are you listening to?
69. What do you smell like?
I imagine I smell like I just got out of bed, which I did.
70. What color are your eyes?
71. Have you ever done a Chinese fire drill?
No, but Tami was in her car in front of me once, and she did one and it was hilarious!
72. What color is your bedroom floor?
73. Do you have a chair in your room?
75. Do you know someone named Betsy?
76. What color is your mom’s hair?
78. Do you remember singing any songs as a kid?
79. Are you married?
80. When was the last time you talked to one of your siblings?
81. Do you play an instrument?
82. Do you like fire?
83. Are you allergic to anything?
84. What is your favorite smell?
Popcorn, fries, Aidan, spring, autumn, wood smoke, Adam
86. Have you ever been to a spa?
87. Did you take science all four years of high school?
88. Do you like butterflies?
89. Do you miss someone right now?
90. Do you think that person misses you too?
Yep. Fewer than two weeks ’til I see him again.
91. Have you ever seen your school counselor?
92. Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?
93. What is one thing you’ve learned about life?
Expect the unexpected.
94. Whats your favorite color?
95. Is anyone jealous of you?
I doubt it.
96. Ever been stuck in an elevator?
97. What does your mom call you?
Ronni. Among the other names she’s called me over the years:
Spaghetti, Oblette, Obby, Gobba-Gee, Skinny-Minny
98.What does you hair look like right now?
A hot mess.
99. Has anyone told you that they like you more than a friend?
100. What have you eaten today?
Nothing. I just got up, remember?
(Originally published at Anywhere Is…)
Comments Off on Survey
Man, I am drained! And hungry. And relieved because the wait is over and stuff.
So, a survey:
Now I Know My ABCs…
Comments Off on ABC Survey
So, a plumber came in and looked at my drain. They have to cut a hole in the wall. So on Tuesday, I have to move the bookcase in Aidan’s room so the plumber can cut a hole in the wall and fix things. Eek.
You know what I don’t get? I don’t get people who put salt on their food before they even taste it. I know I’m kind of weird because I rarely put salt on my food. I like the normal flavor. But to salt it without even tasting it? What’s the point?
I remember when going to one of those free sites meant finding links to pages that gave out free samples of products. It was awesome. Now, most of those links go to those “do three offers and get this maybe” sites. No fun.
Survey time. Heh.
Comments Off on Blabbity